– The Apache Country & Bisbee, AZ – Part II
Thursday, March 18, 202109:00 AM Pacific Time (US & Canada)09:00 Hrs GMT -8:00
Monday, March 22, 202105:00 AM Pacific Time (US & Canada)05:00 Hrs GMT -8:00
- OVERLAND BOUND REGION
- EVENT TYPE
- Dirt Road
- Off Road Tires
- Spot Lights
Rally Point Notes:
>>>SAVE THE DATE<<<
March 18th to 22nd, 2021 – The Apache Country & Bisbee, AZ – Part II
Take a step back in time to see Apache Indian Country, how they lived, their battle grounds, etc.
- Apache Indian Country - Fort Bowie & Apache Pass
- Geronimo Surrender Monument, Rucker Camp & the grave site of Johnny Ringo, who was one of the members of the Clanton Gang.
- Bisbee, AZ & Slavin Gulch at the base of the Dragoon Mountains
- Gleeson, Courtland & Pearce Ghost Towns, Tombstone AZ.
1st meeting location on the evening of March 17th, 2021.
9:00pm – TA Gas Station 46155 Dillon Rd, Coachella, CA 92236
9:15pm – Head to Blythe to camp out for the night.
This is the main meeting location, Date and time: March 18th, 2021
9:00 am – Flying J Travel Center - Gas Station, 1, Frontage Rd N, Ehrenberg, AZ
9:15 am – Head out towards Fort Bowie & Apache Pass to start the trail.
Day 1 – Head out on hwy 10 to Dragoon Springs Stage Coach where we will camp for the night. Will setup camp around 4:00pm. (Approximately 450 miles)
Day 2 – Next, will head to Apache Pass & Fort Bowie, plan on spending about 2 to 4 hours exploring Fort Bowie and having lunch. Next head south to Rucker Camp. (Approximately 100 miles).
Day 3 – Explore Go check out the grave site an American Old West outlaw, Johnny Ringo. Next stop, Bisbee, AZ. Plan on spending the day checking out the town, Queen Mine and surrounding areas. There is a lot to see here. Then will head north just past Tombstone to Slavin Gulch where we will setup camp for the night around 4:00pm. (Approximately 150 miles).
Day 4 – Go Explore Ghost Town Road, Gleeson, Courtland and Pearce. Then start making our way towards home, planning on camping in Quartzite or Blythe. (Approximately 250 miles).
Day 5 – Head home.
What do bring:
- Extra water, running at higher elevations you need to drink lots of water.
- Food, cooking stove, 1 bundles of fire wood.
- Jeep/Truck in good working order
- CB Radio – Channel 18 / HAM Radio 156.450
- 33” tires minimum.
- Full size spare tire, tools and first aid kit.
- High lift jack.
- Extra fuel 10 gallons.
- Tent, sleeping bag and warm clothes.
- Start Point: TA Truck Service, 46155 Dillon Rd, Coachella, CA 92236, USA GPS Coordinates: 33.71384, -116.17553 Notes: Will be meeting up there to start the trip.
This rally point location and route can be downloaded if the buttons are active. The “Launch Google Earth" option will allow you to review the location in 3D. Please keep in mind, actual terrain may vary greatly. This should be used for reference only.Save KML Save GPX PDF Launch in Google Map Launch in Google Earth