Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Meeting starts at 1900 hrs. Locations vary due to Covid restrictions so check for this months location below.
Please contact @Kent R on our forums for more information!
The Sierra Foothills Overlanders have also adopted the Long Canyon OHV trail in the El Dorado NF, we conduct 4 cleanups per year with one overnight. For more information contact @DaveD on the forum.
Friday, November 20, 202006:30 PM Pacific Time (US & Canada)18:00 Hrs GMT -8:00
Friday, November 20, 202009:00 PM Pacific Time (US & Canada)21:00 Hrs GMT -8:00
- OVERLAND BOUND REGION
- EVENT TYPE
1 VERY EASY
- HAM 146.460 simplex
Rally Point Notes:
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, OB Meet-Up
Date, October 20, 2020
Location Dry Diggings Distillery parking lot El Dorado Hills see map below.
5050 Robert J Mathews Pkwy, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762, USA
Time, 1900 hrs -2030 hrs
Bring your own food and drink, comfortable chair, whatever recovery gear you use on the trail, and a social distancing attitude. Bathrooms will be available.
- Update sign in sheet
- Member introductions. (name, vehicle, home town.)
- Any new ham licenses
- Run/Event reports. Usal Beach/Lost Coast Trail
- Trail Guardian events
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Auxiliary Electrical systems: Dual batteries, auxiliary solenoid systems like Switch master, SPod, Diy and so on. Also hoping someone has a portable power device like Jackery.
Most everyone has something so it will be a group discussion/show and tell and I hope to find several members who are well versed with this subject.
TRIP PLANNING: EXAMPLE
Please bring trip ideas
ON THE 2020 LIST:
- Prewitt Ridge, SLO Gary Jillson CANCELLED DUE TO FOREST CLOSURE
- Mendocino NF, Stonyford to Lake Pilsbury Mark McDonald Canceled due to fires.
- Richardson Lake Crawdad Boil, Kent & Klinton, September 19-20 Canceled due to fires
- Bodie, September 25-27 Canceled due to lack of interest/smoke conditions.
- Death Valley, November TBD Possibly Deb and Mike Lee?
- Mojave Preserve November 13-15 Kent
- Start talking about next year's trips.
Day trips to the Sierras are still a hit so anyone that wants to lead one please start a RP
NEXT MEETING November 17, 1830 hrs Location TBA
Looking for suggestions from the group on the monthly topic
Magic MikeMember# 13728
Vinz ClorthoMember# 12140
Buddy kirkesMember# 24688
robert youngMember# 25600
Phil KlinkenborgMember# 20946
- Start Point: 5050 Robert J Mathews Pkwy, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762, USA GPS Coordinates: 38.62264, -121.05941 Notes:
This rally point location and route can be downloaded if the buttons are active. The “Launch Google Earth" option will allow you to review the location in 3D. Please keep in mind, actual terrain may vary greatly. This should be used for reference only.Save KML Save GPX PDF Launch in Google Map Launch in Google Earth