Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting. NEW LOCATION
Meeting starts at 1900 hrs so if you want dinner and drink please get there prior to that. Ordering information is listed below.
Please contact @Kent R on our forums for more information!
The Sierra Foothills Overlanders have also adopted the Long Canyon OHV trail in the El Dorado NF, we conduct 4 cleanups per year with one overnight. For more information contact @DaveD on the forum.
Date - The third Tuesday of each month.
Time - 1830 hrs for food and 1900 hrs for the start of the meeting. (Steve’s closes at 2100 hrs.)
Location - 3941 Park Dr #100, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762 38.65504 -121.06923
Group parking location for outside rig walk around - TBD once we get the lay of the land.
Rally Point, FB and Messaging - I hope to get all our contacts updated very soon to eliminate confusion.
Steve's would really like us to pre-order our food by email or phone (don't use the website online ordering). This will take the heat off of their kitchen and keep us on time. (It would be nice not to have to wait 45 minutes for food!)
Menu - http://www.stevespizzaedh.com/?page_id=186
Phone - 916-939-2100, press 1 to order.
Email - email@example.com
Tuesday, September 17, 201906:30 PM PDT18:00 Hrs GMT -8:00
Tuesday, September 17, 201909:00 PM PDT21:00 Hrs GMT -8:00
- OVERLAND BOUND REGION
- EVENT TYPE
- Other Forum msg to @Kent R
Rally Point Notes:
Sierra Foothills Overlanders completed the following training as of 4/25/18:
- Winch basics - 2 hrs in the evening using direct line pull and directional change. Training information came from Bob Wohlers (with permission).
- Jack orientation, all types and when/where to use. 1/2 day
- Tire repair, plugging and sidewall repair, valve stem replacement. This was done two times over the year. 1/2 day each
- GPS/Comm field day. Set up course off-road with several way points. Once they reached the first one, the participant made contact with a ham operator at the top of the trail prior to get coordinates for next point. 1/2 day
Education conducted at monthly meet-up;
- Camp kitchen demo by various members
- Traction board demo
- Heat exchanger demo (hot water for showers) by one of our members
- GPS/Navigation - in-rig set ups and practice with tablets
- Communications - came up with standard comm plan and practiced using radios.
- DIY solar tube shower - demo and assembly of shower with parts list by one of our members
- Survival class, one full day. Out of state instructor.
- Vehicle extrication, concentrating on using tools in our rigs to extricate a patient after a rollover. Practice vehicle acquired.
- High Lift jack practice. Set up and use the High Lift for pulling a rig backwards when you are by yourself.
- Advanced winching.
- First aid class specific to vehicle-based travel.
- CPR class.
- Chain Saw classes with the Forest Service - required by USFS for the cleanups on our adopted trail.
mr billOB 1208
mr bill | Fair Oaks Member since 26 Apr 2016
17ForeRunner | Sacramento Member since 17 Apr 2018
Jose Olagues | Carmichael Member since 08 Mar 2018
TheDrakes | Sacramento Member since 20 Mar 2018
Magic MikeOB 13728
Magic Mike | Auburn, CA, USA Member since 12 Sep 2018
Firemom | Auburn, CA, USA Member since 15 Oct 2018
DaveD | Sacramento, California. USA Member since 14 Jan 2017
Jellis | Rancho Cordova, CA, USA Member since 17 Feb 2017
djsixbillion | Sacramento, CA Member since 13 Dec 2018
Aaron Copeland | El Dorado Hills, CA Member since 09 Sep 2016
Vinz ClorthoOB 12140
Christopher Hersey | Roseville, CA Member since 13 May 2018
AprilC | Rocklin, CA Member since 19 Feb 2018
Kaydo91 | Placerville, California Member since 26 Apr 2018
Matt Schott | Sacramento, CA Member since 09 Jul 2019
NorCal4RBlack18 | Roseville Member since 27 Apr 2018
heath hatheway | Carmichael, CA, USA Member since 21 Jun 2019
- Start Point: El Dorado Hills, CA 95762, USA GPS Coordinates: 38.65508, -121.06935 Notes: Steves Pizza, El Dorado Hills, CA
This rally point location and route can be downloaded if the buttons are active. The “Launch Google Earth" option will allow you to review the location in 3D. Please keep in mind, actual terrain may vary greatly. This should be used for reference only.Save KML Save GPX PDF Launch in Google Map Launch in Google Earth