Red Canyon Jeep Trail Run
Red Canyon Jeep trail is a fun double track that then drops into a graded road, the Bradshaw Trail. We will see the old trestle bridge and time permitting the slot canyon nearby. We'll proceed to drive the Bradshaw trail and find a nice place for lunch. Time permitting we'll stop at the Off-Road obstacles park for a bit, then head out to Blythe, air-up, have dinner and head home.
Primary: GMRS CH. 3 (traffic permitting)
Secondary: CB CHannel 16 (traffic permitting)
9am-9:30am - Meet at General Patton Musem. If you get there early fuel up.
9:30 am - Roll out to the trailhead. There we will air down, from what I hear even Bradshaw trail is a bit rough so this will help.
10am - Begin Red Canyon Jeep Trail and the rest of our day.
12-ish We'll stop for lunch, eat what you brung.
1- ish continue on. Rest of the day is pushing forward on Bradshaw trail, should take a few hours with some stop.
Saturday, March 17, 201809:00 AM Pacific Time (US & Canada)09:00 Hrs GMT -8:00
Saturday, March 17, 201804:00 PM Pacific Time (US & Canada)16:00 Hrs GMT -8:00
- OVERLAND BOUND REGION
- EVENT TYPE
1 VERY EASY
Rally Point Notes:
What you need:
- Comms: HAM Radio simplex (Prefered), remember you don't need a license to listen but you will need one to speak, listening will at least help you navigate with the group. I HIGHLY recommend you get a radio and a license if you plan to do runs. Please know how to program a frequency when you arrive at the run. We'll determine back up. Possibly CB.
- Be self-sufficient: bring plenty of water, a lunch, and snacks for the day.
- Extra fuel should not be needed, we will traveling less than 100 miles between fuel points.
- 4wd/AWD may be needed in 1 or 2 sections. I did this in a stock 4x4 F150, it's rated easy.
- As always, some pin striping may happen.
The plan is as follows:
- Meet @ 9am at the General Patton Memorial Museum - Chiriaco Summit off the 10fwy.
- Everyone should be fueled up and ready to roll at 10 am.
- We will proceed to the Red Canyon Jeep Trailhead and air down. We will also have our drivers meeting here.
- Hit the trails, stopping for scenic areas and few easy obstacles.
- After Red Canyon Jeep Trail we'll head west to the old trestle bridge.
- The head east again the slot canyon (time permitting)
- back on the Bradshaw Trail. east to Blythe
- We'll find a place to have lunch
- Stop for scenic items, then head out to Blythe, Dinner for those who can stay.
- Back to the 10fwy and head home.
Bob KMember# 3584
Terry PickensMember# 3062
Randal MillerMember# 7539
Semper AdventureMember# 4748
- Start Point: OLD Start Point
This Rally Point location and route can be downloaded if the buttons are active. The “Launch Google Earth" option will allow you to review the location in 3D. Please keep in mind, actual terrain may vary greatly. This should be used for reference only.Save KML Save GPX PDF Launch in Google Map Launch in Google Earth