Oklahoma Adventure Trail with Turtleback Trailers
Stops are listed below, as well as the 'official' OAT route, but we may deviate from that some, based on road closures, conditions, timing, etc.
NOTE: Hunting season in OK starts OCT 1 for archery only. This shouldn't significantly impact our travels, more of an FYI.
Friday, October 05, 201805:00 PM Central Time (US & Canada), Mexico City17:00 Hrs GMT -6:00
Sunday, October 07, 201812:00 PM Central Time (US & Canada), Mexico City12:00 Hrs GMT -6:00
- OVERLAND BOUND REGION
- EVENT TYPE
Rally Point Notes:
If you want to travel with us, please RSVP. Maximum number of rigs is 10. Our overnight stops are listed below. If you'd like to just meet us at a stop to see the trailer, that's okay. Or, if you can't make the whole trip and would like to join us for just part, that's alright too! Our travel pace will be relatively leisurely, so we should have plenty of flex time. If you are planning to meet us somewhere, or join up for part of the trip, message me privately and let me know. I'll provide my contact info so I can let you know where we are.
Here's a Google maps version of our planned route --> https://goo.gl/maps/y5NbG7jXHZm
Overnight camping will be in primitive/dispersed camping areas, with no amenities. Please come prepared to follow Tread Lightly and Leave No Trace principles.
OAT INFO -
anderson kyland hurdMember#
John BlancuzziMember# 10397
- Start Point: Owasso, OK 74055, USA GPS Coordinates: 36.31965, -95.82467 Notes: Initial Meetup and Departure Point. Parking Lot.
- WayPoint 1: Muskogee, OK 74403, USA GPS Coordinates: 35.71216, -95.20894 Notes: Friday Night Camping
- WayPoint 2: Poteau, OK 74953, USA GPS Coordinates: 35.07093, -94.67939 Notes: Saturday Waypoint 1 - Cavanal Hill
- WayPoint 3: Heavener, OK 74937, USA GPS Coordinates: 34.89986, -94.57727 Notes: Saturday Waypoint 2 - Heavener Runestone Park
- WayPoint 4: Whitesboro, OK 74577, USA GPS Coordinates: 34.627, -94.815 Notes: Saturday Waypoint 3 - Kiamichi Fire Tower
- End Point: Broken Bow, OK 74728, USA GPS Coordinates: 34.17071, -94.73034 Notes: Saturday Night Camping
This Rally Point location and route can be downloaded if the buttons are active. The “Launch Google Earth" option will allow you to review the location in 3D. Please keep in mind, actual terrain may vary greatly. This should be used for reference only.Save KML Save GPX PDF Launch in Google Map Launch in Google Earth