NC/SC Piedmont - Old NC 105 Ride
(1) Offshoot Natl Forest Rd that goes off the right (35.7983501, -81.9271654). It runs around 2.9 miles & crosses Shoals Creek & Sandy Branch. Doesn’t appear to connect to anything. Just an out & back.
(2) Pinnacle Trailhead - hiking (35.8223084, -81.9303861)
(3) Offshoot road, unknown name off to the left (35.8370888, -81.9283557). The road has a few spaced out structures, but it goes for 4.3 miles & ends in a turn-around w/ a big adjacent clearing. Doesn’t appear to be agriculture & it’s too far away from anything for livestock.
(4) Pinchin Trailhead - hiking (35.8515156, -81.9176516)
(5) Rock Jock Trailhead - hiking (35.8582508, -81.9168433)
(6) Conley Cove Trailhead - hiking (35.8901637, -81.9062835
(7) Wiseman’s Scenic Overlook. We will have to branch off the trail to the right (35.9055355, -81.9103520)
(8) Babel Tower Trailhead - hiking (35.9185626, -81.9195500)
(9) Pine Gap Trail at Linville Gorge - hiking (35.9410424, -81.9319059)
(10) FINISHING LINE - Linville Falls Trailhead (35.9501905, -81.9335477) There is a big parking lot there.
If you’re car can get 200 miles of regular driving on a tank of gas you shouldn’t have to worry about jerry cans. This is a very light trail so I wouldn’t worry about carrying any serious recovery gear, but temper action w/ wisdom. I’m not carrying trax or snatch blocks - but I will be carrying a tow rope, tire repair kit, & an inflatable jack. I doubt low-range will need to be called upon.
Saturday, June 29, 201910:00 AM Eastern Time (US & Canada), Bogota, Lima10:00 Hrs GMT -5:00
Sunday, June 30, 201908:00 PM Eastern Time (US & Canada), Bogota, Lima20:00 Hrs GMT -5:00
- OVERLAND BOUND REGION
- EVENT TYPE
1 VERY EASY
- Dirt Road
- CB 16
Sasquatch SCMember# 17253
Trail Runner BowserMember#
- Start Point: Nebo, NC 28761, USA GPS Coordinates: 35.7594, -81.88793 Notes: Starting Point
This Rally Point location and route can be downloaded if the buttons are active. The “Launch Google Earth" option will allow you to review the location in 3D. Please keep in mind, actual terrain may vary greatly. This should be used for reference only.Save KML Save GPX PDF Launch in Google Map Launch in Google Earth