NC/SC May Meet-Up Uwharrie OHV
Meeting Itinerary: (Rough Outline)
10AM Meet at El Dorado Outpost
- Catch up with each other and welcome newcomers.
- Grab breakfast-There is food and trail passes available at the outpost.
- Buy Trail Passes- If you are not going on OHV trails you do not need a pass.
11ish AM Head into Uwharrie
- We will split up based on activity and offroaders will split up based on skill level and rig capability (more trail info farther down)
Activities Available: (offroading, hiking, mountain biking, fishing, kayaking (rentals available), outdoor gun range)
3ish PM Lunch Meet-Up
- We can reconvene and have a cookout. There are a couple goods spots and we can meet as a group and hangout
After that we will play it by ear.
WEATHER INFO: This is not necessarily weather dependent. Some of us knuckleheads will gladly hit the trails in the rain. We will have to make a call the day of so keep an eye on the forum thread.
OHV Trail Info: Trails vary greatly and all vehicle types can have a good time at Uwharrie. We can talk more specifics the morning and maps are available for free at the Outpost. I have been wheeling at Uwharrie for almost a decade so I have a pretty good idea what rigs can go where.
UNLESS YOU HAVE SLIDERS AND GOOD GROUND CLEARANCE AVOID THE 3 D's (DICKEY BELL, DUTCH JOHN, & DANIEL TRAIL)... you've been warned
El Dorado Outpost Info:
"The Outpost" is the meeting hub for all offroaders in Uwharrie. There is a country kitchen inside with decent seating. They gasoline, free air for tires, trail passes, maps, anything you would find in a gas station, camp supplies, bait and tackle, ENO's for sale, and even gold mining equipment for sale)
If you have any more questions about the other activities available feel free to ask someone in the thread, or check out Google.
THIS IS A FAMILY FRIENDLY MEETING, BUT WATCH YOUR OWN KIDS... last thing we want is someone getting hurt.
DOGS WELCOME BUT KEEP THEM REASONABLY UNDER CONTROL AND LEAVE PSYCHO DOGS AT HOME.
As always we will abide by TREAD LIGHTLY principles!
Saturday, May 25, 201910:00 AM Eastern Time (US & Canada), Bogota, Lima10:00 Hrs GMT -5:00
Saturday, May 25, 201905:00 AM Eastern Time (US & Canada), Bogota, Lima05:00 Hrs GMT -5:00
- OVERLAND BOUND REGION
- EVENT TYPE
- Dirt Road
- Rock Crawling
- Off Road Tires
Sasquatch SCMember# 17253
- Start Point: Troy, NC 27371, USA GPS Coordinates: 35.44659, -80.02141 Notes: GRAVEL LOT TO THE LEFT OF THE MAIN BUILDING
This Rally Point location and route can be downloaded if the buttons are active. The “Launch Google Earth" option will allow you to review the location in 3D. Please keep in mind, actual terrain may vary greatly. This should be used for reference only.Save KML Save GPX PDF Launch in Google Map Launch in Google Earth