Morris Mountain Weekend Warrior Ride and Camp
Name: Morris Mountain ORV
Friday, October 26, 201805:00 PM Eastern Time (US & Canada), Bogota, Lima17:00 Hrs GMT -5:00
Sunday, October 28, 201807:00 AM Eastern Time (US & Canada), Bogota, Lima07:00 Hrs GMT -5:00
- OVERLAND BOUND REGION
- EVENT TYPE
1 VERY EASY
- CB 16
Rally Point Notes:
Name: Morris Mountain ORV
Cost: Standard daily rate - $20.00 per day per vehicle
Weekend rate - $30.00 per weekend per vehicle
There is currently no charge for passengers.
Camping: Primitive camping facilities to accommodate guests who are on a weekend long trip. All guests are responsible for their own camping needs and supplies. There are local stores that can provide drinks, food etc., but you need your own tent bedding etc. Please keep fire in the designated fire pits, pack all garbage up when you are done, and respect other campers who may be sleeping after 10:00 pm. Showers and Bathrooms are now available at the park.
1. Functional seatbelts for all occupants. (Must be worn at all times.)
2. Hardtop or functional roll bar that covers all occupants.
3. Battery tie down. No bungee cords.
4. Tow hooks, d-rings, or other point of attachment for recovery.
5. Spare tire and jack
6. Functioning taillights.
7. Mufflers with operating spark arrestors.
8. Tow strap and tree saver.
9. Fully functional brakes.
10. Charged fire extinguisher.
Suggested vehicle modifications for trail ratings.
Class 1 trails
1. Off road tread tires. Otherwise stock vehicle.
2. Operational 4 wheel drive.
Class 2 Trails
1. In addition to Class 1 modifications
2. 31" Off road tires
Class 3 Trails
1. In addition to Class 2 modifications
2. 33" Off road tires
4. At least 1 traction aiding device - locker, spool, etc.
Class 4 Trails
1. In addition to Class 3 modifications
2. 36" Off road Tires
3. Two traction aiding devices
4. Full 4 point minimum roll cage
Class 5 Trails
1. In addition to Class 4 modifications
2. 39" Off road tires or larger
3. 3 point harness for all occupants
Rules: The following park rules have been established to satisfy insurance requirements and most importantly to provide for your safety. The rules will be strictly enforced and are not negotiable. Please enjoy yourself.
1. Drivers and passengers ride at their own risk. Do not attempt an obstacle if you do not think you or your rig is capable.
2. No alcoholic beverages or mind altering substances which may impair a person’s judgment are allowed on trails.
3. Seatbelts are to be worn at all times by all occupants of the vehicle. No riding in the back of of vehicles such as pickups.
4. Passengers may ride in off road vehicles providing there are set up to accommodate passengers. Passengers will have to sign the same waivers as drivers. Both passengers and drivers must wear safety belts.
5. Only licensed drivers are allowed to operate an ORV in the park. License must be valid and presented upon request.
6. No person under the age of 18 may operate an ORV in the park. Passengers under the age of 18 must have a waiver consent signed by a parent or legal guardian.
7. Litter laws are strictly enforced. Please use the provided trash receptacles or take it with you.
8. No dangerous or controlled substances are allowed in the park such as firearms, fireworks, or explosives.
9. No hunting is permitted in the park.
10. Ride only on established trails unless there is a designated area explicitly stating otherwise. Do not venture into unmarked woods or off of the property. Please stay off the neighboring properties and the main roads.
11. Do not remove or destroy trees, plants, or animals. Tree savers must always be used when winching.
12. No open fires are permitted except in designated camping areas. Please completely extinguish camp fires before leaving your camp site.
13. Be courteous to other campers, keep noise to a reasonable level at night if others are trying to sleep.
14. ORVs must pass inspection and meet vehicle requirements.
15. No ATVs or motorcycles.
16. Be courteous to park employees and follow their instructions at all times.
17. No glass containers of any kind, no exceptions. Visitors will be inspected upon arrival.
18. No night riding.
- Start Point: Delta, AL 36258, USA GPS Coordinates: 33.48788, -85.66117 Notes: Morris Mountain Off road Vehicle Park
This rally point location and route can be downloaded if the buttons are active. The “Launch Google Earth" option will allow you to review the location in 3D. Please keep in mind, actual terrain may vary greatly. This should be used for reference only.Save KML Save GPX PDF Launch in Google Map Launch in Google Earth