Conquering the Dempster Highway: Road Trip to Tuktoyaktuk, Northwest Territories, Canada
Saturday, July 17, 202107:00 AM Mountain Time (US & Canada)07:00 Hrs GMT -7:00
Saturday, August 14, 202106:00 PM Mountain Time (US & Canada)18:00 Hrs GMT -7:00
- OVERLAND BOUND REGION
CA West Canada
- EVENT TYPE
- Dirt Road
- Off Road Tires
Rally Point Notes:
Hello Everyone -- my plan is to meet & greet at the Shell Gas Station located north of Cochrane, AB, and start the road trip towards Yukon. For those coming from outside Calgary, you can join me in Cochrane, or along the route that I will be taking. Alternatively, you can join me in Yukon, at the Dempster Highway 'corner' (where the Klondike Highway 2 and the Dempster Highway 5 meet)
A full itinerary will be created and shared with those participating (not ready to fully post it). For now, here's a couple of Waypoints:
- Meet at the Shell Station (corner of Big Hill Springs Road 567 and Hwy 22)
- Meet at the Liard River Hot Spring Provincial Park
- Meet at the Dempster Highway 'corner'
Now, can you pronounce Tuktoyaktuk?
You should have good tires (and a full spare), extra gas, potable water, food, jackets, camping gear, etc. I've driven the Dempster Highway many times. Please connect if you have any questions.
Trip will be dependent on the Covid situation in 2021, as well as any Canadian Government restrictions on border openings, as well as inter-provincial border crossings.
- Start Point: Shell Gas Stations on AB-22, Cochrane, AB T0L, Canada GPS Coordinates: 51.27163, -114.46801 Notes:
- WayPoint 1: Liard River Hot Springs Provincial Park, 75100-81198 Alaska Hwy, Northern Rockies B, BC V0C, Canada GPS Coordinates: 59.42564, -126.1008 Notes:
- End Point: YT-5, Glenboyle, YT Y0B, Canada GPS Coordinates: 63.99067, -138.7511 Notes:
This rally point location and route can be downloaded if the buttons are active. The “Launch Google Earth" option will allow you to review the location in 3D. Please keep in mind, actual terrain may vary greatly. This should be used for reference only.Save KML Save GPX PDF Launch in Google Map Launch in Google Earth