Camp Bouse & Swansea Ghost Town, AZ
• Travel on the Arizona Peace Trail to Camp Bouse, AZ - This is one of General Patton's Training Camps during WWII
• Swansea Ghost Town, AZ
• Desert Bar, Parker AZ
• Vidal, CA to check out Wyatt Earp’s old cottage
Friday, March 26, 202111:00 AM Pacific Time (US & Canada)11:00 Hrs GMT -8:00
Sunday, March 28, 202105:00 AM Pacific Time (US & Canada)05:00 Hrs GMT -8:00
- OVERLAND BOUND REGION
- EVENT TYPE
- Dirt Road
- Off Road Tires
- Spot Lights
Rally Point Notes:
>>>>>SAVE THE DATE<<<<
This is a quick 3-day Trip, March 26th to 28th, 2021
We plan on exploring the following locations:
- Travel on the Arizona Peace Trail to Camp Bouse
- Swansea Ghost Town, AZ
- Desert Bar, Parker AZ
- Vidal, CA to check out Wyatt Earp’s old cottage
Meeting place, Date and time: March 26th, 2021
11:00 am - Chevron gas station located at 41 Riggles Ave, Quartzsite, AZ 85346
11:20 am – Hit the Arizona Peace Trail to Camp Bouse, AZ.
Day 1 – Explore the Arizona Peace Trail to Camp Bouse. This is one of many General Patton’s Camps. Then head to Swansea Ghost Town to camp out for the night.
Day 2 – Head to the Desert Bar for cocktails and lunch, then find a place to camp for the night.
Day 3 – Head to out to Vidal CA off hwy 95 to check out Wyatt Earp’s old cottage. Then start making our way back home.
What do bring:
- Extra water, running at higher elevations you need to drink lots of water.
- Food, cooking stove, 1 bundles of fire wood (one for each day).
- Jeep/Truck in good working order
- HAM radio channels - 146.460
- 33” tires minimum.
- Spare tire, tools and first aid kit.
- High lift jack.
- Extra fuel 5 to 10 gallons.
- Tent, sleeping bag and warm clothes.
- Start Point: Chevron Quartzsite, 41 Riggles Ave, Quartzsite, AZ 85346, USA GPS Coordinates: 33.66735, -114.19842 Notes: Meetup at 11:00am at Chevron Gas station in Quartzsite, AZ
This Rally Point location and route can be downloaded if the buttons are active. The “Launch Google Earth" option will allow you to review the location in 3D. Please keep in mind, actual terrain may vary greatly. This should be used for reference only.Save KML Save GPX PDF Launch in Google Map Launch in Google Earth