A Night on the Beach
Saturday, September 26, 202003:00 PM Central Time (US & Canada), Mexico City15:00 Hrs GMT -6:00
Sunday, September 27, 202007:00 PM Central Time (US & Canada), Mexico City19:00 Hrs GMT -6:00
- OVERLAND BOUND REGION
- EVENT TYPE
- Off Road Tires
- CB 16
Rally Point Notes:
Rally point will be just past mile marker 10 on the South Beach of Padre Island National Seashore. South of Malaquite Campgrounds. Look for my black Jeep, and the base camp flag flapping in the breeze. Bring tents, food, fishing poles and whatever else you want, to have a good time.
Park entrance fee required as well as a free camping permit available at the park entrance station or the self-registration kiosk at the entrance to South Beach. I believe the entrance fee is $10/day. If you have a National Parks Annual Pass, there is no fee. Entrance fee will be waived Saturday for National Public Lands Day.
- Campfires are permitted in fully contained barbecue grills or in a pit dug in the ground, unless there is a fire ban in effect. Bonfires are not permitted anywhere in the park. Remove any burned materials (Ex., charcoal) and pack them out with you.
- Do not run generators between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- You may choose a location for camping, which is permitted from the end of Park Road 22 down to the Mansfield Channel. Please park or set up camp park as close to the dunes as possible in order to avoid blocking traffic.
- Driving off the beach and into the dunes, grasslands, and mudflats is not permitted.
- A camping permit is required and is available at the entrance to South Beach.
More info can be found here. https://www.nps.gov/pais/planyourvisit/south_beach.htm
- Start Point: Kleberg County, TX, USA GPS Coordinates: 27.27998, -97.3474 Notes:
This Rally Point location and route can be downloaded if the buttons are active. The “Launch Google Earth" option will allow you to review the location in 3D. Please keep in mind, actual terrain may vary greatly. This should be used for reference only.Save KML Save GPX PDF Launch in Google Map Launch in Google Earth