Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

A friend and I headed up to a well known trail, by the name of Whipsaw for the BC Day long weekend. It's a 80km (50mi) trail located in the interior of the province, between two gold mining towns. We ended up traveling just over 142km (88mi) of trail connecting to Murphy Lakes before heading back to the coast.

We didn't get many photos, but here are some of my favorites.

Last edited:

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

Man, just gonna be a couple hours east of there in a couple weeks. Might have to do an overnight up there... Cool pics.
Is that right? Maybe we can connect, I would run this trail again.

Looks good, how busy was it?
On the trail I had two groups come south towards us and only ran into one group going north in front of us.

Camping wise, there was well over five groups off the trail enjoying the scenery.

BlackBear

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Airdrie, AB
Member #

We are heading to Whipsaw in two weeks... How were the trails this year? I heard the rain has made them a lot tougher?

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

We are heading to Whipsaw in two weeks... How were the trails this year? I heard the rain has made them a lot tougher?
Nothing has been severely affected. I was able to complete every obstacle on 35" tires with a 2.5" lift and no lockers were needed with proper driving. The trail was in good condition, any dead fall was cleared about 2 months ago. I'm looking forward to getting back there next August.

Reactions: BlackBear